Friday, April 25, 2008

Well, son of a box of cookies!

I've been in an spending-spree period lately; we all go through them, usually around the holidays but for some reason I'm having a Spring Spree.

There have been a lot of purchases I've been making because things have gone on sale, or I've been wanting them for a while. Case in point:

Sara mentioned on Ravelry that she wanted an Avi Wasserman spindle and asked if I had one she could try. I don't, but in a moment of idleness I typed "Avi Wasserman" into Google. That's when I saw it: a parasol-style spindle with a Bethelehem olivewood whorl and an ebony shaft. It was one of my dream spindles; olivewood and ebony are two of my favorite woods, and the parasol design is one of my favorites.

Of course, this means I'm brown-bagging my lunch for the next two weeks. I think it's probably worth it.

No comments: