Monday, April 14, 2008

Fruits of the weekend's labors

- 4oz of two-ply worsted baby llama in sea-green handpainted colorway (the January installment of Susan's Spinning Bunny Fondle This club)

- 6 oz. of two-ply worsted alpaca, spun from batts I made from 4 oz. of natural silver Louet baby alpaca and 2 oz. of handpainted alpaca from Lunabudknits in the "Rainbow Suicide" colorway.

- Knitted up 90% of the spindle shawl, and I'm extremely pleased with the results. The only thing that didn't work out so perfectly is that I didn't start the decreases early enough so I've run out of yarn. I wanted this to be made from exactly 2 oz. of fiber, but I'll have to break into my stash a little to finish. Next time, I'll remember that.

It may come as a surprise to some of you that I'm a shutterbug. Last night I got out my (fairly expensive) camera to see if I could take pictures of a lot of my FOs - I'm painfully aware of the picturelessness of this blog and my Ravelry project notebook. However, the light is so bad in my apartment, you guys don't even know. All the photos I took looked like I was taking them for insurance purposes.

I really want one of these: a tabletop lighting kit.

No comments: