Monday, May 05, 2008

Can't blog - sleepin'

Too many things have been happening. I'm in a fiber vortex of activity:

- The inaugural launch of Color: A Fiber Festival, and A Verb for Keeping Warm/Tactile Fiber Arts booth at the Maker Faire Bazaar Bizarre (both loads of fun...and work, but mostly fun).

- The completion of the spindle shawl and new ideas for the next one, including mitred square, triangle, and circular versions.

- Finished spinning the 4 oz. of Tactile ramboulliet, and the acquisition of some more fiber at the aforementioned Bazaar Bizarre.

- My new spindles came in: the aforementioned Avi Wasserman, a Cascade St. Helens, and a Greensleeves Loki.

I am exhausted. But not too exhausted to finally start spinning up the "Spice Eyes" batts I got from magicalfibers forever ago!

I see what all the fuss about Mr. Wasserman is - my new spindle is extremely well-balanced, with the majority of the weight in the whorl and not the shaft, which is a finer point of drop spindle design a lot of spindle makers don't figure out right away. Kudos to him!

I haven't had a chance to spin on the St. Helens or the Loki, but I'm optimistic.

4 comments:

karrie said...

I have a st. helens and I like it a lot. Though I am not very wise in the way of the spindle...

Anonymous said...

Nice spindles, lady! You've got quite the collection.

KatDee said...

Jessi said: "Nice spindles, lady! You've got quite the collection."

Thanks! I actually have more on the way...:} I love me some spindles. Someday, people will actually see pictures of them!

KatDee said...

karrie said: "I have a st. helens and I like it a lot. Though I am not very wise in the way of the spindle..."

I've had my eye on the St. Helens for a long time, and I'm really glad I have one now. Next time, the Rainier! Muahahahah!