Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More Acquisitions

So, last Saturday Sara took me on my first trip to Daiso, because I'm always lusting after her cutie-patootie bento boxes. I bought some really useful things, not the least of which are tons of cute little fabric bento box bags, which are the perfect size for sock projects! And they were only about $3.00 each. I did pick one up which turned out to be insulated, so I'm going to use that for my actual lunch bag.

I decided I wasn't up to going to my finishing class at Knit-One-One (I know, bad me. Knit-One-One is a really excellent place to take classes, though), and we went over to Article Pract, where I got a reality check on how I remember things vis-a-vis What Knitters Are Paying For These Days. In some ways it was good news, other ways bad, but it reaffirmed my choice to become a spinner.

I noticed they were carrying some of Kristine's fiber, way up high on pegs over the till. Not really a high-visibility place for them, but this fiber thing is new for a lot of people so I'm not judging. Not only did I get a chance to shill for Kristine ("Look! This is polwarth, it's really hard to get!"), but I got six ounces of her Blackberry colorway polwarth. Yay! I'm hoping to turn this into at least 800 years, um, I mean yards of laceweight for a smaller version of g.bella's Catalina shawl.

After that, we swung by Kristine and Adrienne's to drop off some things Sara had for them, and saw pictures of the new A Verb for Keeping Warm studio! Wow, totally exciting. It was a superfun day (and Kristine had another bundle of polwarth hiding in her inventory so I made an even 8 oz. score.)

Sunday was Easter mass with my neighbors (I accidentally took them to the Spanish mass at St. Joseph the Worker - turns out our German pastor is also fluent in Spanish), Easter lamb for dinner, and way too much wine. I got the bright idea to spin up the 4 oz. of black BFL I've had in my stash since the winter before last, but I was a little too lit and my single kept coming out uneven. I wanted to ply it with the 50/50 merino-yak I bought a couple of months ago from Maia and Brooke as a present for bugheart when I see her on Friday, but my Easter Monday hangover kept me from getting much spinning done. I have some other pretty, interesting stuff already spun up so I suppose I can give her something else should I need to.

No comments: