Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bison down

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to buy some.

"Exotics for the sake of exotics" is a good enough reason, really, to buy and spin up as much as you can afford to. However, I'm beginning to feel that certain things are frankly close enough.

For example, for most of my purposes, the luxury feel of alpaca/llama and yak are just awesome. Cashmere and quivut and all those things are fantastic but are outrageously expensive. For the money I end up spending on them, the results are not far and above what I can get with similar but less scarce fiber. Well, except for cashmere. But it's way too warm to wear pure cashmere here anyway so I rarely even end up using a lot of it - not to mention the pilling problem that short fibers have.

Anyhow, Kendig Cottage has Bison for not cheap. I'm wondering if it's really the much more wonderful than yak.

No comments: