Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another impulse buy

I've really had to curb my fiber impulse buying because I'm seeing a "top of his field" therapist not covered by my health insurance. He's worth it, I assure you, but I spend almost as much on his sessions as I do on rent and as such my slush fund has long since depleted.

Since I can't seem to actually stop buying fiber (which I should probably bring up with my therapist at some point), I've limited it to:

- naturally-dyed fiber, commercially-prepared or not (i.e. things from Kristine or Maia and Brooke)
- Extremely artfully-dyed fiber (i.e. Krista's Pigeonroof stuff)
- non-commercially prepared fiber

So, falling into the last category is the stuff I bought just a few minutes ago, from Spiderweb Specialties' etsy shop. I just couldn't pass these blends up: shetland, alpaca, and angora in natural grey, and shetland, alpaca, and angora in Moorit color. I honestly don't know when I'm going to get around to spinning all this stuff.

I would love to do a fiber swap with some people at some point, as I have lots of really wonderful stuff that I'm either tired of or bought way too much of. Just don't ask me to organize this at the moment.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

You are hilarious! As I have tapered off my therapist appointments, from every week to every other, I am certainly happy that my fiber is still here to give me comfort and solace on a weekly basis.

KatDee said...

Thanks. I used to say that fiber is cheaper than therapy, but fiber and therapy is pretty damn expensive.

If I have to sit and spin by candlelight and eat noodles, I'll do it (I don't, though).