Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crazy, but it Feels Right

Although the fiberart hasn't stopped, the time I have to post blog entries has been drastically reduced due to the work I get paid to do (boo!). However, this acquisition was noteworthy enough that I had to post something:



It's an old handmade spinning wheel of a design I've never seen before. I bought it very inexpensively (by wheel standards) and it is still functional. The wheel and the flyer assembly are made of metal, probably aluminum. It's double drive, and the brake tension is adjusted by sliding the flyer assembly out along the wooden "rails" and anchoring with a wingnut. It's being shipped to me and I should have it in my home very soon. I can think of little else at the moment.

In other news:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That wheel is rather different isn't it?